Welcome to Almira. We hope living here will be a pleasant experience for you. We would like to provide you with some information that could make your transition to our community a little easier.
1. Garbage pick-up is early Wednesday morning between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. Place your cans in the alleyway behind your house. If you have no alleyway, place them in front of your house on the curb.
2. Do not put yard debris, or grass clippings into garbage cans. We have a yard waste dump; the cost is $1 per load. It is located southeast of Highway 2. The key is available at Town Hall, Monday through Friday, 8a.m. to 5 p.m.
3. Garbage cans cannot weigh more than 70 pounds maximum, and cannot be larger than 32 gallons.
4. For safer plowing procedures during the winter months, vehicles need to be moved off the street during heavy snowfall.
5. Utility bills are due on the 10th, and late after the 25th of the month. At that time a $10.00 late fee will be applied.
6. You must make a $150 utility deposit before moving in, if after one year you have made your payments on time this will be refunded to you. (Please request the refund – I don’t always remember)
7. Dog tags are $5.50 if your dog is spayed or neutered, additional $10 if not. Dogs are to be penned or on a leash at all times.
Hope these few tips help. If you have any questions, Call Jeanette at Town Hall 639-2601.